Dec. 5, 9:03 p.m.
Mets GM Billy Eppler spoke to reporters at the Winter Meetings on Monday and briefly discussed where the team stands with the outfielder.
"There's still dialogue," Eppler said.
Nimmo is at the Winter Meetings and is speaking to interested teams. In addition to the Mets, the Yankees, Toronto Blue Jays, Seattle Mariners and others have been linked to him.
When asked if they will meet with Nimmo, Eppler added, "I wouldn't say."
Dec. 3, 11:15 a.m.
The Yankees are expected to be on the list of teams to visit with Brandon Nimmo, according to The New York Post's Jon Heyman.
Heyman notes that Nimmo could fit in the Bronx if star Aaron Judge were to leave the team in free agency.
The San Francisco Giants, Tampa Bay Rays, Toronto Blue Jays and Mets have also reportedly shown interest in the free-agent outfielder.
Nov. 25, 12:17 p.m.
The Tampa Bay Rays have reportedly entered the Brandon Nimmo sweepstakes, according to Jon Heyman of the New York Post.
The Rays join the Yankees, Seattle Mariners, Toronto Blue Jays, San Francisco Giants and Mets as teams who have reportedly made it known that they are interested in the outfielder.
Tampa Bay's interest is slightly surprising only because of its usually low payroll and the cost it would likely take to secure Nimmo.
Nov. 21, 4:30 p.m.
The San Francisco Giants have checked in on Nimmo, in addition to fellow free-agent OF Cody Bellinger, according to the San Francisco Chronicle's Susan Slusser.
The Giants have also been rumored to be going after AL MVP Aaron Judge, as it's clear they hope to make an upgrade in the outfield.
The Mets still hope to keep Nimmo in New York, but he has many other interested teams as well, including the Yankees, Colorado Rockies, Toronto Blue Jays and Seattle Mariners.
Nov. 17, 1:13 p.m.
The Mets remain in pursuit of Nimmo, reports SNY's Andy Martino, who adds that Nimmo has a robust market and is already meeting personally with interested teams.
Per Martino, "several teams have expressed a willingness to move their current center fielder to a corner position to accommodate Nimmo."
As far as the Mets' interest, Martino notes that Nimmo is "no less a priority now than he was at the beginning of October."
In addition to the Mets, the Yankees, Colorado Rockies, Toronto Blue Jays, and Seattle Mariners have been linked to Nimmo this offseason.
The Mariners acquired OF Teoscar Hernandez from the Blue Jays on Wednesday, which could possibly make Nimmo less likely for them but more likely for Toronto.
Nov. 16 11:50 a.m.
The Toronto Blue Jays, who traded OF Teoscar Hernandez to the Seattle Mariners on Wednesday, have interest in Nimmo, reports Jon Morosi of MLB Network.
The Mariners had been linked to Nimmo before trading for Hernandez, and it's unclear whether they still have interest in him now that their outfield appears to be set for the moment.
In addition to the Blue Jays and Mariners, the Yankees have also expressed interest in Nimmo, but Joel Sherman of The New York Post said that interest was likely due diligence, perhaps in the event the Yanks lose free agent Aaron Judge.
SNY's Andy Martino reported earlier this offseason that the Mets had identified Nimmo and Edwin Diaz (whom the team recently re-signed) as their top two internal free agent targets.
Nov. 16, 9:19 a.m.
The Yankees have interest in Nimmo, Jon Heyman of the New York Post reported during The Show podcast he hosts with fellow Post reporter Joel Sherman.
"They have reached out, at least, for Brandon Nimmo. … The Mets would obviously like to get Nimmo back, we heard there’s a majority of teams interested," Heyman said. "I think it’s interesting, too, that the Yankees have looked at him. They are looking at two outfielders, presumably, and hopefully, that’s [Aaron] Judge and one other."
Sherman added that he felt the Yankees were just doing their "due diligence" by looking into Nimmo.
That belief from Sherman tracks, since it's difficult to envision the Yankees signing both Judge and Nimmo.
The Yanks currently have outfielders Aaron Hicks and Harrison Bader under contract, and are interested in re-signing free agent Andrew Benintendi.
Nov. 10, 11:58 a.m.
The Seattle Mariners have "expressed formal interest" in Nimmo, according to MLB Network's Jon Morosi.
Morosi notes that the Mariners are looking for both a lefty bat and increasing their on-base percentage as a team, and Nimmo certainly fits the bill for both categories.
It's worth nothing, though, that the Mariners had rookie sensation Julio Rodriguez play 130 games in center field this past season, meaning Nimmo or Rodriguez would have to move to a corner spot if Seattle did in fact sign the Wyoming native.
The 29-year-old Nimmo is coming off another strong season, slashing .274/.367/.433 with 16 home runs, 64 RBI and a career-best 102 runs scored. Nimmo's defense in center field also took a big step forward, making him one of the best center fielders available in this year's free agency class.
SNY MLB Insider Andy Martino previously reported that Nimmo, along with the recently signed Edwin Diaz, was at the top of the Mets' list of internal free agent priorities, and that the team loves Nimmo "both as a player and as part of their culture."